How to discern who is and who is NOT!
Matthew 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves”.
Jon Watkins ExposingSatanism.org January 15, 2015
Hate mail here
What message did the prophets in the Old Testament give? Was it a prosperity message? One of receiving the good things in life? Was it a new ox and wagon, a new dwelling or gold and silver that they prophesied to people? No it was NOT. It was one of judgment that was coming upon the people, if they would not repent of their sin.
People did not flock to these prophets and give them praise. They hated them for the most part and ran them out of town for the message they gave. They did not welcome them with open arms. Look at John the Baptist, who was called the greatest prophet of all. He was beheaded for what he foretold!
Titus 1:9-11 “Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. 10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake.”
A Prophet speaks of coming judgment on a wicked people and nation. A true Prophet will NOT prophecy specifically to an individual. He will not come to a person with some ridiculous word from the Lord. If God wants to speak to a person HE will do it Himself, IF, that person is truly seeking HIM! He, God, will however use a real Prophet to give a general word to someone in a congregation as a confirmation of something that that individual has already received from the LORD. A true Prophet will NOT call people at random to give them a prophecy. From such people RUN!! Jesus gave us a warning of what will happen to such people; Matthew 7:21-23 “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity”.
How do you tell If the prophet, prophetess, Apostle is false? What are they Prophesying?
1. They have their name on a card with Prophet or Apostle, address or require themselves to be addressed as such.
2. They have a track record of what they have said coming to pass. If the prophesies that aren’t 100 percent accurate, 100 percent of the time, or if they have been manipulated to come true.
3. If they preach another Gospel, contrary to what is preached by Paul in his 14 Epistles, or they refer to another Jesus, rather than the biblical one.
4. If they use supernatural or occultist techniques that cant be backed up 100% by scripture in his or her prophecy
5. They have a rebellious unrepentant spirit. Are full of pride and try and defend themselves when confronted.
6. They are worldly sowing to the flesh and constantly dwell of the fine things in life. (that eliminates 99.9% right there)
The prophets of Baal thought they were calling on God, but in reality they were calling on the powers of Satan. Its no different today with these self proclaimed Prophets.